30/07/2014

ART & ACTIVITY COURSE

As I am still strongly believing in my dream to become an art educator, I thought it would be a good idea to have a look at a website one of my friends recommended me: https://www.coursera.org/
This website makes it possible for anyone in the world to follow courses from different institutions and universities, no matter where they are in the world, and: for FREE.

I was highly motivated to find a course in arts, and I luckily stumbled upon a course called Art & Activity: Interactive strategies for engaging with art. This course is made my MoMa (yes, THE MoMa) and is led by three established art educators who all work for MoMa. And who better to learn from than people who have made it really far in the world of art education; they made it to MoMa.

Although I found the course three weeks too late (oops?) I am still able to read the literature, engage in discussions with like-minded people and watch the videos made by the three art educators. 

Trying to catch up quickly with the three weeks I have missed, I am constantly reminded of my dream. The more I engage in this course, the more I know this is exactly what I want. The importance of not giving up on your dream, really makes a difference. Having something to strive for, something to look forward to, being encouraged and reminded of that what you want to achieve, doesn't make you just a motivated person, it makes you a dedicated person.

And on that note I would like to end with a quote from one of favourite sources of inspiration, Bear Grylls:

"Dreams, though, are cheap, and the real task comes when you start putting in place the steps needed to make those dreams a reality".

WHO: MoMa, Museum of Modern Art, New York
WHAT: The online free course: Art & Activity: Interactive strategies for engaging with art
WHERE: www.coursera.org


1 comment:

  1. Love your words of dream chasing! My own curiousity has been refreshed by meeting you and reading these posts.

    ReplyDelete